Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I've put this off for too long.




Roughly two and a half years ago, my close friend Neems purchased an old Yashica camera off of Ebay and began shooting photos with some old film, which he also found and purchased off of Ebay.  Some of the photos turned out and some did not but regardless, it was clear that amidst the chaotic pace of life that he upheld then (balancing school, studying as a premedical student, and running at the collegiate level) he had found a hobby that both grounded and allowed him to grant his mind some sort of normalcy whenever it most needed it.  And even if it did not, then at the very least it gave him yet another tool to implement in the ever-present act of procrastination.  He was, after all, a master- procrastinator.  I should know because I am one as well.  For the longest time I successfully avoided adopting this photography-as-a-hobby bit and managed to uphold the excuse that I didn't have the equipment necessary to go out and shoot and publish a blog of my own.  Well, that excuse no longer applies.  So, following in the footsteps of Neems, here is my long awaited (perhaps only by one) contribution to the blogosphere.  Enjoy.

2 comments:

Nimish Parekh Photography said...

I have waited SO LONG for this site. But luckily, I know that it will be well worth the wait...like the pasta line at the Marketplace.

S.Lemon said...

It's been two days, time for an update. www.sobigscience.com, updated daily...well...almost.