Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Then This Happened: Part 515


Bye bye, Apartment D.

It feels like I lived in Kansas City just long enough to start to feel settled and to have met some really great people along the way. I admit, I didn't anticipate growing attached to life there but it's when you have to move away that you realize that all of the little things about a place actually made a lasting impression and that you'll miss all of them when you move on to something new.

Playing pickup soccer at Swinney Rec Center, watching Manchester United matches at Teocali, getting smoothies at KC Juice, wolfing down a slice at Pizza 51, junking at the River Market Antique Mall, stuffing myself at Succotash, cooling off at Fresher Than Fresh Snow Cones, falling in love with Hammerpress, watching $4 matinees at Cinemark Country Club Plaza and enjoying that ticket price, driving through neighborhood after neighborhood of great home architecture, cruising by the city parks, and getting lost in the Nelson-Atkins Museum to name a few.

I'm plenty excited for whatever may be in store ahead of me but I'll definitely miss Kansas City and the people that I got to know there. Cheers, KC!

No comments: