Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I Will Train To Do This


“Ironing techniques by professional craftsmen (shirt)” - プロの職人によるアイロンがけテクニック(ワイシャツ)
This short instructional film showcases unmatchably masterful ironing technique that we’d all do well to learn from, but it’s also one of the most absorbing, delicious demo videos I’ve ever seen.
via Joel Zimmer, from a series of similarly beautiful instructional videos at Garra.jp(WARNING: ALL-FLASH and Japanese)
I know it's strange and maybe even a little sick but I definitely want to be able to iron a shirt with this type of skill, speed, and precision.  People who really know me know that this is right up my alley.  Look at that iron and that ironing table!  Ah, wants and aspirations.  It's a beautifully shot piece, too.  The imagery, the sounds; all of it is just gorgeous.
Yes, I just used the word gorgeous to describe a video of an Asian man ironing a shirt.
So what?  Enjoy the video and thanks to Mom for sending this to me.  Found at Put This On.

1 comment:

Noah Carson said...

That site will become my bible.