Friday, February 19, 2010

Then This Happened: Part 50



I think I'm going skiing this weekend! My home mountain is finally having a decent winter after years of below average snowfall and the stars are aligning for a daytrip on Sunday. It's been years since the last time I skied back home. So much time spent in Southern California hasn't done much for my skiing either. So I gathered all my gear together, packed it in with my clothes for the long weekend at home, and brought it with me in hopes that a Sunday ski-day will work out. I really just need to make it happen. I love to ski.

I've fallen in love with my travel duffel from The North Face. I never realized it before but roller bags weigh a TON. Duffel bags do not. The North Face duffel gives plenty of room and feels indestructible. Bomber proof without question. I wish my ski bag was as nice but that's a purchase that will have to wait.

The North Face makes a really great looking ski roller that would hold boots too but I can't warrant buying that until I'm skiing again more often or until it goes on sale. I do love it though and want it badly. Yes, it has wheels. Yes, it will weigh a alot. But any bag that can carry two pairs of skis, boots to go with them, and leave room for other apparel to pack is going to weigh a bit. Nice, no?

All of my gear is six years old and in need of an upgrade, too. That's also going to have to wait for another day. I'm just stoked to go skiing.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: